How to diagnose herepes type 2?
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar, I have gone through your query and I have understood it.
Being in contact with herpes type 2 virus does'nt necessarily means that you may have acquired it. The risk of acquiring herpes type 2 virus from a woman to man in a monogamous relationship is 3-5% over an year of regular sexual activity (having 2 sexual contacts per week).
I would suggest that you get yourself tested for HSV by HSV ELISA testing rather than just supposing that you have HSV. Moreover since you have not developed symptoms till now, there is no point taking oral antivirals as a prophylaxis without substantiating the diagnosis
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosing type of anemia
- I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes two years back
- How to get rid of type 2 diabetes
- How to lose weight for a type 2 diabetic
- Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes how to reduce belly fat
- Diagnosed fibromyalgia type 2 diabetes numbness what is going on
- Type 2 diabetic with hypothyroidism how to treat hypothyroidism
- Diagnosed with type ii diabetes how to gain weight
- How to cure diverticulosos being a type 2 diabetic
- How to treat type 2 baldness
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body