How to detoxify liver and lose weight?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Lump
Question: HI,

I wanted to check and know if my liver is normal and how can i detoxify.
I have been a regular drinker since a while and i have decided to stop.
I have gained a lot of weight and feel very lazy and moody could this be a reason that my liver needs to reboot.

Kindly advice in coffee enema will help restore my liver back to its original state or if there is any other suggestion.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tests as advised, stop alcohol

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Very nice to know that you have decided to stop alcohol.
It is not necessary that liver problem has caused you to gain weight, feel lazy and moody. This can be due to alcohol itself and not due to liver problems.

Your posting (Kindly advice in **coffee enema will help restore my liver back to its original state or if there is any other suggestion) - Not such a thing is known to act and scientifically looks difficult, and internet discussions also has pros and cons.
So no comment on this thing.

Your first question: I wanted to check and know if my liver is normal and how can i detoxify.
> I would advise you the following tests:
Blood tests: Routine CBC, complete Liver function tests including serum proteins, Lipid profile.
Ultrasonography of the abdomen
Test of urine and stool.

These basic tests will give us the idea about the wellbeing of the liver and give the plan for further management.
Stoppage of alcohol itself will start to give you the good results as the body is the best healer.
Rest of the treatment if required will depend upon the tests results.
You may also consult a Gastroenterologist for clinical evaluation, clinical examination and to get an order for the investigations.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 41 minutes later

Thank you so much for the detailed information.
I will get the test done to see what the state of the liver is.
one more question i wanted to ask is i am unable to fall asleep and even if i do a slight noise can ruin my whole night is this because of alcohol or is there some other reason to this.

To be honest i was drinking so i could have better sleep not that i am use to it but the urge to sleep well makes me rethink is there any solution.

I even tried the KALM ASSURE supplement to help sleep even after taking 4 tablets i cant fall asleep.

I have started having vegetable juice and having very little food at night.

Awaiting your reply.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a proper prescription for sleep medicines from your Doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
Awaiting for the results of the tests I have suggested for.
Your another concern is a serious one, that is of not falling sleep, very light that even a slight noise can ruin it.
There must be another reason of it. The commonest being the stress or anxiety.
Drinking is never a proper solution by any ways.
The proper solution is to consult your Doctor to get the proper evaluation about the reasons and give you an appropriate prescription of medication.

Please have full diet at night as only vegetable juice and very little food also can cause a problem with sleep induction and continuation. One needs at least 6 to 8 hours of very sound sleep.