How to determine the paternity of the fetus after an IVF embryo transfer?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: After IVF Embryo Transfer, How can I come to know that the Sperm is really mind and egg is really of my wife.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DNA analysis

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Once the pregnancy occurs after the embryo transfer, the only way to confirm that the sperm and ovum belong to you both is by genetic and DNA analysis of the fetus in pregnancy, by parental procedures like amniocentesis or chordocentesis and by blood analysis after the baby is born.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad