How to determine the days of ovulation?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi , I am currently taking meprate from 1st to 10th every month and get my periods around 16-17th of the month . We are trying to get pregnant , so which day of my cycle would I be ovulating .
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Establish ovulation through follicular monitoring.

Detailed Answer:

I would like to know why you are taking Meprate every month, if you have regular monthly cycles even without it and if any investigations have been done.

You need to establish the presence of ovulation to plan a treatment strategy. Around the period of ovulation, you need to have intercourse at least on alternate days. In a regular cycle, ovulation occurs two weeks prior to the onset of the next menstruation. Follicular study can help you follow the ovulation timing.

Hope you query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T