How to determine ovulation date?
I had undergone IUI on day 12 and my follicle was 24 mm....the follicle did not rupture then.
Went for ovulation study on day 13 and ovulation did not happen then.
Went for ovulation study on day 15 and ovulation was confirmed then.
Had natural intercourse on day 13 and day 14.
As per doctor ovulation happened on day 13 evvening...but i m not sure when it happened
what are my chances of pregnancy?
will the washed sperms be available when ovulation took place?
Good chances of pregnancy
Thanks for your query.
I have read you query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply:
1) You have good chances of pregnancy.
2) Ovulation is likely to have happened between day 12 and 13.
3) Washed sperms were probably available at that time. Hence there are chances of pregnancy.
I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.
Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF and Infertility Specialist
I am little worried...as i feel my iui will fail...as iui was done very early before ovualtion.
I took hcg shot on day 11 and iui was done 14 hrs after hcg shot.
I have heard washed sperms do not live longer than 12 hours.
Now taking susten tablet vaginally and ecosprin.
I have seen the attached images.
Washed sperms do live upto about 24 hours.
Inj. hCG should have been given 36 hours before IUI ideally.
But still pregnancy chances are there and more over you have tried naturally also later. This increases pregnancy chances.
You can wait and watch. Continue medicines as prescribed.
when i got my 1st iui...it was done after egg rupture even then it failed.
Ideally when should iui be done? before or after ovualtion?
IUI better performed after 36 hours of inj. hCG
IUI should ideally be done about 36 hours after giving inj. hCG. which is the time for ovulation. It is better to do after ovulation or just few hours before ovulation.
You can contact me directly for any queries by pasting following link in your browser:
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to determine the ovulation period to conieve
- How to check ovulation date
- How to predict the ovulation date to get pregnant
- How to determine ovulation period
- How to calculate ovulation date with longer periods
- Pregnant how to confirm the date of ovulation
- How to determine ovulation period to get pregnant
- How to calculate ovulation date
- How to find the ovulation date after periods
- How to know your date of ovulation