How to deal with the side effects of Prolia?

Posted on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My worries about the bad side effects Prolia 60mg/ml 6 monthly injection. Apart from osteoporosis,am in very good health and on no medication for blood pressure or anything else. If there are bad side effects from this drug i would rather look for something better. Or less harmfull. Can you please help me?
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prololia Side effects

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

thank you for writing on health care magic

Well, all drugs do have some or the other side effects. Prolia is a monocloncal antibody( Biological Drug) and is usually the last resort in Osteporosis especially if the fractures are happening in the spine or there are constant changes in the shape of spine despite the other treatment .

Firstly, all Biological drugs do have a side effect of increased risk of infections, more of urinary tract and upper respiratory tract. So before giving the drug we need to rule out your hepatitis and also the tests for Tuberculosis. Although Tuberculosis is not common in your country, it still is a known side effect of the drug, rather for all biological drugs.

Secondly,if you havent tried the other medicines before I would recommend you try them first and then if nothing works maybe switch to Prolia

I hope the information was useful

Do let me know for more queries

regards
Dr Naval
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist