Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

How to cure traumatic masturbatory syndrome and erectile dysfunction?

Jun 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2496 Questions
How to cure traumatic masturbatory syndrome and erectile dysfunction
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stop masturbation in prone position Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this problem. First you should know about traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome (TMS), which is the habit some males have of masturbating in a face-down (prone) position. Some TMS practitioners rub their penis against the mattress, pillow, or other bedding, while others thrust into their hand. The most common problems TMS sufferers have are inorgasmia or delayed orgasm. Many TMS sufferers also have trouble getting erection. There is no need to panic. You haven't done any permanent damage to your penis. But please understand that sexual performance is very much affected by conditioning or habit. Prone masturbation or TMS is an example of wrong conditioning. Because, during actual sex, the penis is expected to behave in another way. So, the healthy way to masturbate is by trying to mimic what the penis does in the vagina, that is, a to-and-fro motion, using your curled fist. Regular TMS can cause ejaculation problems and/or erection problems during sex. Ejaculation problems occur because the penis has only learned to ejaculate in one way, that is, by prone masturbation, and actual sex doesn't provide that way. To prevent damage you should immediately quit TMS. You have to stop masturbating in prone fashion and learn to do it the conventional way. This might take a bit of time and practice and with time you would able to get your erection back. In case, you need further help, you can consult me. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor