Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

How to cure swollen bumps on my knees inspite of an injury?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
doctor I was playing soccer like a month ago nd all of sudden I trew myself down my knees n I had a big as lump all swollen n it got smaller but doesn't disappear n I could bend my knees walk normally n everything ih just burns sometimes how do I cured myself from this ?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clinical review, MRI, orthopedic surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, There are two main possibilities. First, a chronic inflammation at the level of the bursi ( fluid containing membranes at the level of the knees), inflammation of these membranes could lead to fluid collection within them and swelling. Secondly, a chronic inflammation or related structures like muscles, tendons and ligaments. The first step in the management process is simply by using appropriate anti inflammatory drugs. Injectable Diclefenac for a week could be sufficient. A clinical review revealing fluid collection at the bursi would require draining of the fluid, and subsequent intra articular injection of steroids in case of need. Your age however makes a history of gout very unlikely. A proper clinical review is imperative and these initial measures are usually sufficient. In case of doubt or non improvement, the opinion of an orthopedic surgeon wold be needed. A scan and a Magnetic rasonance Imaging image (MRI) would be the gold standard for appropriate diagnosis and guidance of further medical or surgical care. Thanks and kind regards. The opinion of your primary care physician, and probably an orthopedic surgeon, in case of need would be ,most welcome. Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to cure swollen bumps on my knees inspite of an injury? 3 hours later
mmmm so if I take inflammatory medicine the lump will go away for example what medicines and what stores I could get them at?so what medicine would u recommmend me
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Diclofenac , opinion of your orthopedic/family doc Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I think starting with drugs like Diclofenac 75mg, one tablet twice daily and using Diclofenac creme, applied twice daily to the knee could offer much help. However, the opinion of your doctor and possibly the orthopedic physician still remains very important. Kind regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor