Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

How to cure headaches in diabetes patients ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 157 Questions
Sir,My father is suffering from CAD/CKD/Diabatic metabolism since last 10 years,since last four months he has headache,we have taken all the actions suggested by the doctors like MRI,Xray,CT Brain but nothing is find, May i be suggested action to be taken in due course.He is 62 years old
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 15 hours later

Thanks for your query.

There can be several reasons for headache, and in many cases it is difficult to pinpoint an exact causes. Since your father has undergone several tests like MRI, X XXXXXXX CT, I think we can be fairly sure that there is no underlying neurological cause for his headache. Yet, since he is a diabetic it is important that we make sure that his headache is not related to one if the following conditions that cause headache in diabetics:
1.High blood sugars levels.
3.Fungal sinusitis.

I suggest you to discuss the following test with your treating physician to find the cause of headache.
1. A complete check up of Eyes should be done.Intraocular pressure should be measured.
2. A parasinus X XXXXXXX or limited cuts of Parasinus CT should be done to rule out Fungal sinusitits.
3. Keeping blood sugars normalised and monitoring using FBS and PPBS.
4. Screening for depression.

Meanwhile you can use home remedies for relieving headache such as eucalyptus oil massage. OTC pain relieving medicines can also be used.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to cure headaches in diabetes patients ? 2 days later
Sir,Thanks for your reply,I am based in dawarka,delhi,Please suggest me to whom should i contact or who are the specialist
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 7 hours later

Thanks for your follow up.

Your father's health care should be dealt by a team of doctors which includes a Physician/ diabetologist , Nephrologist , ENT specialist. Eye checkup should be done by an ophthalmologist.

I am not the best person to recommend doctors in Delhi as I don't know much about your city. However, here is one of the ENT specialists in your city.

Dr (Mrs) VM XXXXXXX Katiyar
ENT Surgeon ENT surgeries including endoscopic surgeries and Advanced ENT and Oncological (Head & Neck) surgeries.
Address : VISITNG CONSULTANT AT 1. Arcus Superspeciality Centre, Sec 4, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Galaxy (Sun - 5.30 to 7 PM)
Phone : 0000

You can also search for specialists in Delhi on WWW.WWWW.WW (and also read patient reviews).
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor