Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

How to cure half broken teeth close to gum?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 176 Questions
Hi a tooth broke in a hlaf close to the gum 24 hours ago, i dont feel any pain at the moment, but i cant find any dentist available in my area at the moment becausew of the hollidays, my dentist will be there XXXXXXX 7th only.. Can i wait till then or is it XXXXXXX for infection, my gum looks fine and its not bleeding or anything .
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 21 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

If the tooth is root canal treated and has fractured then there should be no pain at all as the tooth does not have nerves inside.
Otherwise, the tooth may cause pain and infection due to food lodgement. Ideally, you must visit a dentist but as you mentioned that your dentist is not available till 7th XXXXXXX then you must strive to keep the area clean by regular brushing in the area along with the use of a good mouthwsh.
If any discomfort starts i would recommend you to visit a dentist who will start with antibiotics to stop the infection before starting any form of treatment.

If you have any more queries, i'll be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor