Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

How to cure erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation? Suggest diet plan

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
Hi Doc
And I have a problem with my sexual life.. Before I was very good
But now I'm feeling bad my dick doesn't take stand fast before sex some liquid come out from my dick. It's take time....please help me to come out from this problem and give some diet as well as which is Good for sexual life..

Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 20 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You seem to be having a sexual problem of erectile dysfunction and pre-mature ejaculation. Now, there can be a variety of causes for this problem - both medical causes as well as psychological causes. So, the first and most important step in management is proper evaluation. This will include a detailed medical, sexual, personal and social history, a thorough physical examination and certain investigations, as per the necessity. This is both informative to the doctor and serves as an opportunity to educate the patient and clarify his doubts.

Firstly, any medical causes (like diabetes, hormonal problems, blood flow problems, vitamin deficiencies, etc.) need to be ruled out. For this, you may need to undergo a few blood tests. But, considering your young age, it is unlikely that you may be having a major medical cause for your erection problem. Also, if you are able to have good erections during sleep, then again, this indicates that there is no major medical cause.

I would also like to let you know that in more than 80% of cases of erectile dysfunction, psychological factors also play a major role in causing or aggravating the problem. Stress, anxiety, fears and doubts regarding sexual performance, feelings of sexual inadequacy, self-doubts, guilt, past negative sexual experiences, etc. can all affect sexual functioning and performance.

Treatment is targeted according to the findings on evaluation. If there are any underlying medical problems resulting in the erectile dysfunction, then those problems have to be first treated. If the problem is more psychological, then removing the person's doubts and fears, and improving his self-confidence levels will also definitely help in improving sexual performance. Also, there are certain medication which improve the blood flow to the penis and promote better erection, such as Sildenafil, Vardenafil and Tadalafil. But medication is usually advised only in severe cases.

So, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist or a sexologist in person to have a detailed assessment and evaluation done.

Regarding diet, you should take a nutritious and balanced diet. Take plenty of vegetables and fresh fruits (since vitamin C and vitamin E are important for normal sexual functioning and fertility). Avoid oily foods and red meat. Also, avoid alcohol, smoking or any unnecessary medication. You can take a multivitamin plus anti-oxidant supplement everyday.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor