How to cure a motorcycle burn?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: How do I treatamotorcycle burn on my ankle. Happened one week ago today. I've been using Neosporin and bandage. Should I use something else?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I prefer Silver sulfadiazine cream.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I prefer Silver sulfadiazine cream to other antibiotic creams.
Treatment depends on the size of the burn wound.If it is small,regular cleaning and dressing after Silver sulfadiazine cream is sufficient. If it is big,I apply Collagen sheet over the burnt area for better and quick healing.
So,please consult your doctor, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.
Nothing to worry. It will be healed soon.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 13 hours later
Thank you. I will go to the pharmacy this morning and look for these items.
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
In my opinion, Collagen sheet is preferable.
Please consult a Qualified person like a Plastic surgeon if possible and get the Collagen sheet applied.
Recovery will be fast.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj