Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

How to control high Blood pressure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2569 Questions
Hello Doctor, My current problems are High Blood pressure, and not feeling good. Can you help? Regards,XXXX
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Please describe your illness... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, I see you have history of diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol and you are on medicines for it. You report that you have some form of illness. Could you please explain your illness, I shall try to help you or atleast guide you to the respective specialist from where you can get this illness solved. Awaiting your complete details. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to control high Blood pressure? 2 hours later
Hello Doctor, Thanks for your reply. My illness is that I don't feel good, feel kind of weird. I fell a little dizzy. My doctor did couple blood tests. And couldn't figure out what the problem was. I went to see a Chinese Medicine Doctor. She said my problem is mal-nutrition. She might be right. Ever since I had the teeth implants, my diet was bad, I couldn't chew real well, And I lost 25 lbs since. I'll try to eat more. Do you agree with her? Let me know what you think. Thanks. Regards,XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Reduced nutrition can be a reason... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Feeling "Not good", weird and dizzy can occur due to multiple reasons. If you haven't been eating well for long time, it may be a reason. But there are other conditions which could be causing you the troubles. I hope your doctors have excluded all other reasons. If they have, then perhaps improving your nutrition, practicing a healthy lifestyle and good sleep will help you improve from this illness. At this point of time, with only unwell, weird and dizzy as the history I am unable to list other differential causes which your doctor needs to look at. Therefore I sincerely hope your doctor is right. Add a better diet, include protein and vitamin supplements, practice exercise, yoga and other form of meditation and make sure you sleep well. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to control high Blood pressure? 15 hours later
Hello Doctor, Thanks for your response. My family doctor didn't know what my problem was. So, I went to a Chinese Medicine Doctor. She is the one told me about my nutrition. I think I'll try that first. I'll keep you posted. If you don't mind. Regards,XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Sure.... Detailed Answer: I would like to help you out in this difficult hour. Continue with good nutrition. Also remember a good sleep, healthy habits as well as exercise is going to be key elements. Good luck and good health!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to control high Blood pressure? 4 hours later
Thanks Doctor, I'll try my best, see if my feeling improves. Thanks. Regards,XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome... Detailed Answer: Since I am supposed to answer as and when you post a follow up, I just say my wishes to you. I would be here to help you. Best Wishes...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor