How to control double chin development?

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I observed that my double chin is developing slowly how to control/maintain it? Pls suggest
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 27 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Double chin develops due to generalised weight gain.
It can be controlled by having regular exercise of at least 30 minutes per day, avoiding fast & heavy food.
Take lots of seasonal fruits & salad XXXXXXX in vitamins & minerals.
Some people want to take medications to reduce weight but that is not an ideal way.
I hope you will follow all these points so that your weight can be maintained.
I will be available for your further queries.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Choudhary 7 days later
My height is 5'11" and weight is 82 KG is it okay or I am overweight? if overweight than how to reduce the weight or what should the ideal weight for me. Please revert.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 18 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
According to your height your ideal weight should be 72-73 kg.
Now according to your weight & height your BMI( Body mass index) is 26 that is in overweight category.
So reduce your weight by doing regular exercise & avoiding heavy & fast food.
I hope your query has been answered.