How to control dandruff on the scalp?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 15 Nov 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor,

I am getting white dandruff like layer on my scalp. Scalp skin is also looking disturbed. But It is not itchy. This is happening from last 2 months. I’ve attached photos. I consulted a dermatologist. After using Ionax-T shampoo white layer is going. White layer is going just after a wash. It came back after a week or so. Now I am using that shampoo alternate day, now there is no while skin on my scalp.

On the neck also the skin is getting rough and dark. This is started happening from last one year and increasing. I attached the photo.

Please let me know what could be the issue with my scalp/neck. Please suggest.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Noskurff and sebowash

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
Dandruff cannot be totally cured but it can be totally controlled.
I treat such cases with a combination of stay on lotion and shampoo.
Apply noskurff lotion in night and let it be there on your scalp overnight.
In morning use sebowash shampoo to wash your hair.
This combination works well.
Try this and let me know the response.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad