Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

How to control acidity and muscle pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 745 Questions
How to control acidity and muscle paid
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Acidity and gas problems need a comprehensive change in lifestyle apart from medicines. You need to stop or minimize the intake of tea, coffee, soda drinks, spicy foods and smoking and alcohol intake, if present.

As unless you stop these. no matter how much medicines you may take, it will come back after stopping the medicines.

In medicines, you may take ppi tablets, like pantaprazole or omeprazole. If you have already taken these for more that a month then i would suggest that you get an upper gi endoscopy done to rule out H.pylori infection, so that, if present, that can be treated with antibiotics. But for this you need to see an gastrologist for the scopy.

For muscle pain you need to take muscle relaxants, but these medicines will again increase the acidity, so continue your ppi tablets for two weeks more that the duration of these muscle relaxants.

By the way, where are you having muscle pain, so that i can properly guide you.

Waiting for your reply.

Dr. Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor