How to control acidity and muscle pain?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: How to control acidity and muscle paid
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Acidity and gas problems need a comprehensive change in lifestyle apart from medicines. You need to stop or minimize the intake of tea, coffee, soda drinks, spicy foods and smoking and alcohol intake, if present.

As unless you stop these. no matter how much medicines you may take, it will come back after stopping the medicines.

In medicines, you may take ppi tablets, like pantaprazole or omeprazole. If you have already taken these for more that a month then i would suggest that you get an upper gi endoscopy done to rule out H.pylori infection, so that, if present, that can be treated with antibiotics. But for this you need to see an gastrologist for the scopy.

For muscle pain you need to take muscle relaxants, but these medicines will again increase the acidity, so continue your ppi tablets for two weeks more that the duration of these muscle relaxants.

By the way, where are you having muscle pain, so that i can properly guide you.

Waiting for your reply.

Dr. Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju