How to confirm if abortion is complete after taking Misoprostol?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have taken misoprostol and vommitted after 40 mins. Crams started just after 15 minutes. But now after 1.5 hours I don't feel any cramps. There is little spotting also .Please help
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Repeat dose should be taken

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
If there was vomiting within 2 hours of taking misoprostol, then it is not effective and the dose should be repeated.
You should repeat the dose of misoprostol to initiate and complete the abortion process.
If there is no bleeding even after 24 hours of taking the repeated dose, then surgical abortion may be required in view of the failure of the medical method.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 16 minutes later
Can I take it again now aor shoud I wait
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, you should take it now.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana