How to confirm date of conception?
The pregnancy hormone is secreted from 7 days after ovulation.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.
When did your wife have her last period? You have written that she supposedly conceived on January 25-29. So I presume that, it is her ovulation time. The pregnancy hormone is secreted as the embryo gets implanted in the uterus.This implantation occurs about 7 days after ovulation. Therefore one can have a positive pregnancy test even before their due date. Based on the sensitivity of the home pregnancy test kit, positive pregnancy test can be found from 9-11 days after ovulation.
I hope I have answered to your satisfaction. If you have any further queries, I will be happy to answer.
17-22 January can be her ovulation days.
You say her cycles are Irregular. But you did not write me the details.
She took pregnancy test on 4th February (since probably she missed her period).
A woman ovulates 14 days before the date of next period. Considering 4th February as due date she must have ovulated on 21st. Since her cycles are irregular it is difficult to give one particular day as ovulation day. The ovum lives in the body for 24 hours only. This is for your information.
Are things clear to you now.
If you have any further questions you can ask me.
I know her period ended January 10 or 11th. If that helps. Of course its not consistent. Her due date is October 18 meaning she conceived on the 25th. But I don't think that's right I think the ultrasound may be a few days off. Because if they set dates from 25-29. There is no way they could test she took could have told her she was pregnant if it was conceived later than the 25th. She's 6 weeks 5 days. I mean how accurate are transvaginal ultrasounds.
DNA test after the baby is born is the Paternity confirmation test
It is difficult to pin point the exact date of ovulation in your wife's case as she has
May be the ultrasound is not correctly done. Repeat transvaginal ultrasound after two weeks. that will tell the baby's age almost correctly ( plus or minus three days).
DNA test after the baby is born is the Paternity confirmation test.
I hope I have answered to your satisfaction.
Diifficult to say the date of ovulation because of her irregular cycles
Whenever date of last period is asked you should give the date on which the bleeding started.
If her bleeding ended on 10th XXXXXXX probably she started on 4th.
Again I repeat ovulation usually occurs 14 days before the next due date. In your wife's case if she had regular 28 days cycle ovulation would be on 18th in all probability. Since she has irregular cycles difficult to say when she ovulated.
Again I repeat there is usually a fixed duration of 14 days between ovulation day and the beginning of next period.
Difficult to say since her cycles are irregular.
It is difficult to answer since her cycles are irregular .
If you have no further questions please close the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to find conception date and paternity
- How can exact conception dates be estimated
- How to determine the date of conception
- Pregnant how to calculate conception date
- How to calculate pregnancy conception date
- How to determine paternity and conception date
- How to calculate the correct date of conception
- Pregnancy confirmed lmp conception date different is it possible
- How to calculate due date based on conception date
- How to calculate conception date
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?