How to conceive?

Dr. Arif N Khan

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Question: hello my husband and I are trying to get pregnant I ovulated yesterday morning I don't know when the egg was release but he had to work a double yesterday but I am trying to see if I can still get pregnant today since I ovulated yesterday but don't know when the egg was release but I know it wasn't that morning but I did start having come cramp on my left side round 7 pm last night. I just want to know do we still have a chance to get pregnant today
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is chance of getting pregnant... Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX I have analyzed your query, you have not mentioned the method you used for detecting ovulation. Usually a ovum will survive for 24 hours and sperm survives for 72 hours, so considering that if there is fertilization then you have all the possibility of conception this time. Studies have shown the probability of conception ranged from 10% when intercourse occurred five days before ovulation to 33% when it occurred on the day of ovulation itself. Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 19 minutes later
I use the kit yesterday morning and both lines was dark. but I know when we did the ovulation calendar my best days to conceive was from the 23 to the 27 but I know I ovulated yesterday cause I use the ovulation kit but we haven't been having sex do to he have been short handed at work. but we were trying to see if there was a chance for us today since he's off.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly stay with your hsuband for getting pregnant Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for the follow up question. I can understand your concerns, Ovulation kits are pretty accurate in predicting the ovulation. What I suggest you is to stay with your husband so that you don't miss the chance of getting pregnant. You don't know which cycle you may conceive. I also recommend you to not to take any stress, as stress can cause adverse effect on conception. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 11 minutes later
I don't understand what you are saying is there a chance that I can get pregnant today is what I really wont to know since I know I ovulated yesterday but we don't know when the egg was release so we don't really know how long we have but can you get pregnant on the day after since the egg can still be in mature to met with the sperm and be able to conceive today
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes there is chance of getting pregnant. Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry for not answering your question properly. Coming back to your question, yes there is chance of getting pregnant. Ovulation means the egg has been released, usual life span of a egg is 24 hours, but it is average life span. In your case as the ovulation has already occurred, You need to have sexual intercourse with your husband. All the best. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!