How to conceive after an abortion?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Jul 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: My follow up questions to the following answer by Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Brief Answer:
safe to conceive after 3 months of abortion

Detailed Answer:
Hello, thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is safe to conceive after 3 months of abortion and usually conception occurs within 6 months of abortion process.
For conception you should
- have sex on alternate days from 10-18th day of your cycle which are called the fertile days
- take your thyroxine dose daily
- eat healthy and think positive.
I wish you the best of health and may god bless you with a healthy baby soon.
Replied by Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX , Sun, 8 Jun 2014     

FOLLOW UP QUESTION:-

Thanks for your guidance.
- Should we be worried or seek medical advise here as we have been trying to conceive for last 5 months exactly. Why have you asked us to have sex on alternate days from 10-18th day of your cycle which are called the fertile days. We were having sex once every day for the last 5 months. We are curious to know
- what the benefits of having sex on alternate days and on having sex every day.
- Can I consume BSN Syntha6 Whey protein everyday. The Nutrition fact sheet with ingredients is as attached,
- How many days after I miss my period I should do pregnancy test ,
- Is travelling in first trimester ( including flight journey) risky,
- Other precautionary measures to be taken after I get to know im pregnant,
- Ideal sex position to conceive,
- Should we continue to have sex even after the date of missed period,
- How does mental stress affect pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
1. If you are trying to conceive naturally for last 5 months and you have had sex daily during this time then you can seek a medical help to increase your chances of conception in next cycles.
2. Having sex every day is better than having sex on alternate days during the fertile period. During this period the chances of conception are maximum.
3. Yes you can take that if you are not allergic to it.
4. Yes. It is not recommended as it can induce an abortion.
5. You can test your urine for pregnancy if your periods are overdue by 5 days.
6. Avoid intercourse and any heavy work like lifting buckets or going upstairs.
7. Traditional position or better the doggy style for a deeper penetration. You can also use a pillows under your buttocks.
8. No.
9. It can cause a growth retardation in the baby. It is best to remain stress free during that time.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Thanks for the reply Doctor.

- Is there any way of knowing the reason for the lack of fetal growth in my last pregnancy.
- What books do you suggest for pregnant woman
-And why it was suggested to have sex alternate days in the first answer and the previous answer says everyday
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The cause of lack of fetal growth can be detected only after the histopathological examination of the fetus that was expelled at the time of abortion.
For pregnancy you can read mayo clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy or The Pregnancy Book: A Month By Month Guide by Dr XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX Sears.
In your previous query you did not divulge that you were having sex daily. At least every alternate day sex is needed during the fertile period for conception.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.