How to conceive a child?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 5 Feb 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Please give me exact way to have a baby. My age is 33 and wife's 25 yrs. We married one year ago, due some educational problems we made some precautions, used condoms to avoid pregnancy for six months. After that we have planned to baby... but on which exact days the intercourse we make? And what type of precaution should we take. Please give me proper idea...
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide a few more details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I would be glad to assist you with your query.
Please provide me with a few details first, that will help me to guide you better.
1. Does your wife have regular cycles ?
2. Since when have you stopped using condoms , and since when are you trying for a baby ?
3. How frequently do you indulge in intercourse ?
4. Any problems during intercourse ?
5. Any medical issues on your side, or your wife 's ?
These details will help me to give you a better answer.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 hours later
Answers
1. Some times Coming two to four days before 30 days
2. For last two months
3. Average daily two times from 8th day of cycle.
4. After completion of intercourse some kind sticky liquid coming out from her. Please tell me after ejaculation of sperm in vagina, when does penis will bring out? Suddenly or?
5. We both have body temp at high level during course
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fertile period explained.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.
Thank you for the update.

Since she is having regular cycles, her fertile days will be calculated as below -
The first day of bleeding (periods) is considered day 1. Starting from day 10 of cycle, for the next 10 days (totally day 10 - day 20 of the cycle) you should remain sexually active at least daily or every alternate day.

Some kind of sticky discharge is normal after intercourse, as some semen is discharged outside the vagina.
After ejaculation, you can stay inside for a few minutes, and she should stay lying down in knee chest position (hugging the knees to the chest) for at least 10 - 15 minutes before using the washroom.

Ask her to take daily folic acid tablets (Tablet Folvite once daily) for 3 months.
Maintain ideal body weight (both husband and wife).
Exercise daily and eat regularly.
Also, continue trying naturally for at least a year before seeking medical help.
You can reach me directly anytime, using the following link -

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-aarti-abraham/64623

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju