How to clear ears?
Just wanted to know what is the right way to clean ear? can we use hydrogen peroxide to clean the ear? or there is any suggestions
Hi, thanks for your query.
Wax is the secretion of the ceruminous glands present in the ear canal.
There are 2 variety of wax, dry type and wet type.
- Dry wax falls off on its own. Doesn't need cleaning.
- Wet wax needs to be cleaned once in 6 months using a suction machine by a specialist.
Small amount of wet wax that is present on the outer ear can be cleaned by using ear bud. But I recommend not to probe deep as it can cause trauma to the ear and push the wax very much inside the canal.
Do not use hydrogen peroxide to clean ears. Instead you can use glycerine with liquid paraffin drops, 3 drop thrice daily for 5 days,to liquefy the wax and get it cleaned by a specialist using suction machine.
This is the safest way to get the ears cleaned.
Hope my answers have helped you.
Pleased to help you further. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to clear catarrh behind the ear drum
- How to clear catarrh in your ears
- How to stop clear discharge from ear
- How to clear glue ear
- Clear ear discharge from ear in newborn
- How to clear ear congestion
- How to clear catarrh from childrens ears
- How to clear blocked ears
- Clear ear wax versus yellow ear wax
- How to clear hydrogen peroxide from ear