Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How to check virginity of a girl?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 689 Questions
Hi, My Girlfriend claims to be virgin. I recently was in bed with her and tried to insert single finger. after nearly two inches, i faced a very impenetrable membrane(wall like feeling), does it confirm her viriginity or atleast gives some clue. Could she be tighting it with voluntary actions. pls help
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 3 hours later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

If you felt resistance to your finger it could be that she is a virgin.
This can be differentiated from voluntary actions of tightening by looking for stiffening of the thigh. However this stiffening can also occur when your insertion is painful for her.

A local examination by the doctor can make it much clear about her virginity. There are genital and extra genital signs of virginity all of which are taken into consideration.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to check virginity of a girl? 18 hours later
Hello Dr. Asra,

Thanks for the response.

With regards to your response, I can confidently say there was no tightening of thigh muscles, but she felt pain when I
tried to insert my finger, even my nail going in the opening she would complain.

Now if we talk of medical examination,what is the probability such tests are recognized by medical fraternity as conclusive.
Can you help with some reputed Hospitals in Delhi carrying such procedure. Moreover do they give compete observations
point-wise before they conclude something concrete.

Is is possible for me to see any sign on extra genital part.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 5 hours later
Hello there,

There is no test which can concretely prove virginity as it is mainly based on HISTORY and PHYSICAL EXAMINATION. Moreover an examination for the same needs a strong indication like history of abuse by any standard hospital.

The signs be it genital or extra genital can be interpreted only by a doctor.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to check virginity of a girl? 2 hours later

Does vaginoplasty make a vaginal orifice tight like a virgin as described for a finger test above.
Is it possible for a doctor while examining find out vaginoplasty or hymenoplasty has been performed earlier.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 13 hours later

Vaginoplasty does not restore hymen. It is done in cases where there is absence of vagina due to birth defects. No doctor would perform a vaginoplasty just to make the orifice tight.

Hymenorrhapy is the procedure to reconstruct the hymen.

Yes it is possible to know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to check virginity of a girl? 25 hours later

I think this should be a last query, hopefully.

If somebody has been having sex for nearly one year and lets say there is a complete abstinence period for the next subsequent 2 years, is it possible the vagina can restore to its original state, as described above ( i mean finger test).
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 4 hours later

No, the vagina does not regain its original state once a person becomes sexually active.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor