How to check if hymen is intact?

Excellent

OBGYN
Question
I would like to check if my hymen is intact or not. I have provided some photos and I hope they are enough. Thanks
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Soumya 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome to healthcare magic.

From the pictures given hymen appears to be intact.

Dont worry much about hymen integrity as it gets ruptured during sports, excercise etc...

If you wish to have further confirmation you can visit your gynecologist for the examination and opinion which is far more superior than seeing photographs alone.

By photos hymen appears intact.

I hope I clarified your doubt.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: How to check if hymen is intact? 3 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you so much,

How about the size of my vaginal opening. is it tight or lose? how much difficulty will I have during my first sexual intercourse? thanks again

best XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Adequate opening

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Your vaginal opening is adequate for intercourse and you will not find much problem during intercourse.

But as you know there will be little pain during intercourse first time and bleeding due to hymen rupture, it will be first limited to first time only. You can use lubrication to avoid it and reduce pain while having first time.

There is nothing like tight or loose. Your vaginal opening is adequate.

Let me knw if you have any other doubts.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: How to check if hymen is intact? 12 hours later
thank you doctor,

I do not understand what adequate means..does it mean it is average that is not small or big?

Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Adequate means normal as required to perform intercourse. Neither small or large. The opening is just fine.

Dr. Soumya