How to check if hymen is intact or not?

Question
Hello Doctor,
Glad to have such utility and I hope you will be able to help. i am 26 years old. I have been masturbating a lot in the past few years but never had any sexual intercourse. I would like to check if my hymen is intact or not. Plus I would like to ask about the size of my inner lips. Are they too large?

I tried my best to take a good picture and I hope it will be good enough.

Thank you for your support doctor.

Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hymen is little more deep placed.

Detailed Answer:

Hymen is little more deeply placed , so won't be seen in these photographs clearly.A two minutes clinical examination can help you know whether hymen is intact.

This image can help you understand.http://9artsmedia.com/sample/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/321.jpg

Your inner lips are properly sized.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: How to check if hymen is intact or not? 4 minutes later
I thought the parts that are right near the opening is hymen. then what is that near the opening. Can't you give me an approximation please. Like a percentage

Is the white fluid in the picture or normal? I have it a lot!

Also is my vagina opening too wide or considered tight?

Thanks doctor

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These things need clinical examination

Detailed Answer:

Hymen is not at the opening and is more midway situated.Mastrubation wont ruputer hymen unless something has been inserted in vagina.Even in virgin girls hymen may get ruptured in cases of high physical activity or activities like riding horse.So intact hymen is not as such sign of virginity.

Only clinical evaluation is ideal to know whether hymen is ruptured.Photos provided are not enough to make even preliminary comment.

Vaginal opening doesn't seem abnormally large in your case.

White discharge is abnormal , likely due to vaginitis, which can be treated with combination of antibiotics and antifungal.

Follow-up: How to check if hymen is intact or not? 7 minutes later
The white discharge has no smell at all. What can cause such a thing to happen?
is my vaginal opening small or medium or large compared to the majority of the girls?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Leucorrhoea.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

When it is not due to infection, the discharge does not have any foul smell and does not cause irritation and itching. This is called as Leucorrhoea and is seen around ovulation, during sexual excitement and before menstruation. This discharge can be due to hormonal changes also.

If there are no symptoms associated with it then it won't be infection.

Your vagina is medium sized as compared to other girls.

Thank you Doctor.

I can see some yellow dots on the sides of the inner lips. just near my finger are these normal? or they could be infection. I just noticed them!

regarding the size of my vagina does this reflect how tight my opening is or they are not related? By medium are you referring to the outer parts or inner parts.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not specific for infection

Detailed Answer:
Yellow dots are not very specific of infection.They dont look like pus filled vesicles.

Its difficult to judge tightness on images , I menat size of vaginal cavity seems medium.

Follow-up: How to check if hymen is intact or not? 2 minutes later
so these yellow dots are normal then?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, its common to have such dots.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, its common to have such dots.