Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

How to check for problems in veins and circulatory system?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
So I want to check the veins in my legs to see if my circulatory system is okay. When I stand the veins in my feet feel like they're going to pop and the pain is crucial. What test is more effective, can be done at the er, and will be able to examine more possible reasons for my problem?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Vascular Surgeon opinion will solve Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic It cannot be tested in ER See a vascular surgery specialist / get yourself examined ... The most common and simple test is Doppler study (ultrasound) [Rarely, venous angiogram may be done / a bit invasive, needs contrast and may have side effects / hence not done routinely – only when the Doppler dictated leading clues] Take care Wishing all well God bless
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to check for problems in veins and circulatory system? 5 hours later
I don't have health insurance so my only option at the moment is to go to emergency room for help.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Examination will be reassuring... Detailed Answer: Hi, The priority is to get examined. .. a thing of importance is usually obvious and unlikely to be missed All ERs do blood tests like D dimer, if they suspect clot. Some ERs have facility to do ultrasound Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor