How to calculate the days of ovulation in a menstrual cycle?
emergency contraception needed
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Yes there are high chances of pregnancy as this coincided with your mid cycle so in case ovulation occurred then it can form a baby.
Evidence of ovulation now can be a corpus luteum and free fluid in POD on transvaginal ultrasound.
Sperms usually persist in lower genital tract for about 72 hours and egg stays viable for 24 hours.
So in case you don't want pregnancy then you need to take emergency contraceptive pill at the earliest and avoid unprotected sexual activity in future.
How can i know whether ovulation had occurred or not .I want pregnancy to happen.So is there anything harmful if i do sex today.Please tell is there any way to determine whether ovulation occurred or not at home .So if i had done unprotected sex yesterday till tomorrow the sperm will be active.Is it?Waiting for your reply.
good chance of pregnancy
Hi, sorry for the delay in response.
Yes you have fair chance of pregnancy as you had intercourse on 1st march because sperms stay active in genital tract for 72 hours at least.
Intercourse on alternate days is better than doing it daily.
Now you can have progesterone levels on 23rd day of your cycle and value above 3 will be indicative of ovulation.
You can try following measures to enhance the chances of conception -
1) try to keep a pillow beneath her buttocks after sex so that gravitational force keeps the semen inside her vagina for a longer time.
2) she should not get up for at least 20-25 minutes
3) try conventional position of sex female lying down on bed
4) avoid smoking (active or passive) and alcohol.
I basically practice infertility so in case you have any questions in future I will be glad to help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to get pregnant in old age?
- Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?
- Suggest home remedies for anemia
- Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?
- What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?
- What is a complex ovarian cyst?
- Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression
- Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?
- What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?