Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

How to bring SGPT under control?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6463 Questions
Hi, M 38 yrs. old male. Had Dengue in last week of Dec. It is cured but my SGPT levels were 114 by the time i was discharged from hospital and had to follow up after 10 days. So after testing SGPT after 10 days my SGPT shoot up to 138. M non alchoholic. Was taking regular medicines and strict diet control. Had consumed areated water about 100ml night before testing. Kindly advise on how to bring SGPT under control?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take tab Ursodeoxycholic acid 300 mg twice daily. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM Increased SGPT indicates liver injury.It is important to know bilirubin level and other parameters of Liver function tests. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Other investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,RFT,Lipid profile,Viral markers,Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigations can be done if needed. You can take tablet Ursodeoxycholic acid 300 mg twice daily for three months.It helps in regeneration of damaged liver cells. You should consult Gastroenterologist. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor