question-icon

How to avoid pregnancy after unprotected sex?

Posted on Mon, 28 Jul 2014
Question: Hi doc
I had unprotected sex 2hours after having I pill shud I have another one??
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not really necessary

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
I can understand your concern.
Just on the other side of it:
Is your period regular?
When ( which date) is the next period expected ( to calculate your safe period) ?
If you were in the safe period, there may not have been necessary to take the i pill.

** Well, to answer your query: There is no need , in fact you should not take another pill at all as you have taken within 2 hours of unprotected sex.

Just relax, do not worry.
Try having protected sex next time.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant (8 hours later)
Sir I did not have it within 2hours of unprotected I had I pill and then after 2hours of having it I had unprotected sex again. Should I have another I pill now and my date of periods of last month was 12th m due on the date dis month.plz send in ur suggestion.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
NOT necessary to take another i pill

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.

It is good that you took the pill and then had sex within 2 hours. It is still going to work. So you ''do not'' have to take another pill.

Anyway, if you are going to have periods on 12 th this month, you are already in the ''safe period'' if you had the sex yesterday or so.

So do not worry ,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon