How to avoid kidney stone formation?

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi Sir,

I hae Kidney Stone,
in left kidney there are two stones of 7mm & 3.3mm.
what food shall i prefer and what shall i avoid for stone formation.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions.

Detailed Answer:

Suggestions to prevent formation of stone:
1.Drink enough water at least 8 glasses of water and fluids.You need to pass 2 liters of urine in a day.Drinking water is most important,effectively prevents formation of stones
2.Restrict sodium content food like spicy food,fast food,canned food,biscuits,cakes.
3.Reduce protein food like meat, egg, fish.
4.Avoid Oxalate contains food like nuts,spinach,wheat XXXXXXX chocolates.
5.Get enough calcium from food like milk, Yogurt and calcium supplements.You should get 1 gram of calcium per day.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari