How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
Use long acting beta 2 agonist instead of albutero
Hi XXXX , myself Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar. I am practising pulmonologist in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for your question on HCM. Albuterol contains Salbutamol. It is short acting beta 2 agonist(SABA). Action last for 4-6 hours. So you have to take for atleast 4 times a day. And there are many side effect like tremors, palpitations, insomnia etc due to sympathetic stimulation. I will advice you to start long acting beta 2 agonist(LABA). They are newer molecules with almost no side effects. Their action last for 12 hours so only twice a day application needed. Another group long acting anticholinergic with 24 hours action needs only once a day dosing. So I would suggest you to shift on LABA or long acting anti cholinergic from SABA. BY decreasing dose you are decreasing side effects and they are newer molecules, so have better targated action.
And other alternatives for COPD treatment are.
1. Quit smoking.
2. Enroll yourself in pulmonary rehabilitation center where chest physiotherapy is available.
3. Adult respiratory vaccines like pneumococcal (every five years) and influenza (yearly).
4. Inhaled drugs (as mentioned above)
Combination of all is needed for better control. So discuss with your pulmonologist about the LABA and long acting anticholinergic.
Hope I have solved your query.i will be happy to answer more queries if you have. Wishing you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ems copd treatment
- Spitting excess colorless sputum breathlessness using inhaler have copd treatment
- Copd treatment ladder
- What is the cause and treatment for insomnia
- Testosterone treatment causing insomnia
- Copd treatment in ayurveda
- Glaucoma with copd treatment
- Pea stuck in throat cough copd treatment and advise
- How overuse of computer cause insomnia
- Aafp copd treatment
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?