How to avoid hiccups?
Stop breathing as long as you can sustain
Hiccups are mainly due to diaphragm muscle irritation. The vagal nerve innervates it.
You can withhold the breath voluntarily as long as you can and slowly resume, this way the diaphragm will not move and the next action potential sets in stopping the hiccups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How doctors get rid of hiccups
- How are random hiccups treated
- How to stop hiccups
- Anesthesia and hiccups how long
- How to get rid of hiccups dexamethasone
- How does hiccups effect your heart
- How much calories hiccups burn
- How are thyroid glands related to hiccups
- How to loose unborn baby hiccups
- How to stop continuous hiccups