Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

How to abort 2 weeks pregnancy?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5989 Questions
I am 1 or 2 week pregnant how can I lose the pregnancy without a doctor?
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Based on your question, you are one or two weeks overdue ( late for your expected period by one or two weeks )
Which means you are around 5 to 6 weeks pregnant.
Medical abortion ( with the help of pills ) is definitely possible till 7 weeks of pregnancy.
However, let me give you some very clear advice.
First and foremost, do NOT attempt this without being under medical supervision.
It is absolutely essential to consult a gynecologist before undertaking medical abortion
Here's why
1. Firstly, you need to have an exact dating of your pregnancy in days. This will ensure that you can attempt medical abortion.
2. You need to confirm that the pregnancy is intrauterine ( within the womb ). Rarely, pregnancy can be ectopic ( outside the uterus ) . Blindly taking abortion pills in this case is disastrous.
3. Even with medical abortion, there is a 1 % chance of severe, life threatening bleeding, for which you definitely need to be under medical care.
4. Medical abortion is 95 - 98 % successfully if the treatment is taken correctly, however , in the instances where it is not successful, you might require immediate or planned surgical termination of pregnancy, which is only possible at a proper hospital/clinic.
5. Unsupervised abortion attempts might lead to severe infection at times.

Hence, please consult a gynecologist.
You need at least two visits to your health care provider.
The first one - where you will be examined and medical abortion pills would be prescribed and explained to you, after proper history and ultrasound.
The second visit - after two weeks or as advised, to check if the procedure was completed , and whether any further treatment is required.

I urge you to immediately seek medical help and not to consider any step without the help of your doctor.

All the best.
For further clarifications, you can contact me at

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to abort 2 weeks pregnancy? 15 hours later
thank you for that but I am in 2 week pregnant I do the pregnancy test before the period and I have sex just last week because I did an abortion before.
and can the GP describe the pill without going to the bpas???
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hi again,
You have performed the pregnancy test before the period, and its rare for it to come positive.
In that case, you have to wait for some days, because in such an early pregnancy, medical abortion might not work.
This makes it even more important for you to see a Specialist who would date your pregnancy exactly.
If you want to have an abortion through the NHS, you may find it beneficial to discuss your options with a healthcare professional. You will usually need to be referred to a specialist service that deals with abortion.

If you do not want to ask your GP to refer you for an abortion, you can go to your local family planning clinic or genito-urinary medicine (GUM) clinic. Use the post code search facility to find your nearest sexual health clinic.
Some doctors at these clinics can refer women for an NHS abortion, but if they cannot, they must refer you to another doctor.

You can self-refer for an NHS-funded abortion by contacting:
the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) on 0000 30 40 30 – or email them at YYYY@YYYY XXXXXXX Stopes International on 0845 300 8090 (open 24 hours) – or email them at YYYY@YYYY

You can contact a private abortion clinic without being referred by a doctor. However, the NHS may not pay for this, and the agreement of two doctors is still required.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor