How soon after C-section child birth is intercourse advisable?

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: a new first baby born on April 21 by c- section for my wife. Bleeding had stopped.period started on 25th may. intercourse is normal ?.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
6-8 weeks after C section

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.

Well, it is considered to be fine if intercourse is started 6-8 weeks after c section if there wasn't some complications. So In your case it should be fine, unless you feel some pain during it which isn't expected.

Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 32 minutes later
both have interested in intercourse. is running period may create any problem?. if it is not OK what are the problem comes ? ... what precaution should take?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
no problems

Detailed Answer:
There should not be any problem, and period is not dfferent from those periods before pregnancy. it may be more or less painful but this is enough time for uterus and abdominal muscles to heal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon