Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How should the crusty and torn skin be treated after masturbation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I masturbate with no lotion. After masturbating one time, I noticed the next day that there was torn, skin all over my penis head. few days later that skin got hard and turned to scab, and got crusty looking. I tried to pull it off, but that only made it worse. I put lotion on it to smooth it out, and now it's not healing. the skin is just kind of muchy and clear liquid seeps out of the's not a discharge coming out of my penis, but the skin on the tip of my penis is very split,and the clear liquid seeps out of there. what should I do?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Hello Brandson,

Thanks for posting your query.

Two possibilities are there from your symptoms. The first possibility is of chafing skin which occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing against other skin or against a foreign material. The second possibility is of balanoposthitis skin which is inflammation of the glans penis or the foreskin. The most common cause is an infection with either bacteria or fungi. It causes redness, pain, swelling and a discharge from the skin of penis.

You may need to get it examined from a dermatologist and get a culture of the discharge coming out from the penis skin done. You may also need a course of antimicrobials which are available under prescription.

Good hygiene and simple exposure to air and local cleansing is most often effective. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. Wear cotton clothes and underwear and change the underwear twice a day.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How should the crusty and torn skin be treated after masturbation? 12 days later
Your advice has worked. I am no longer having the issue with the peeling skin, or scabs. I have a slightly different issue now that was not expected. One day my penis was itching really really bad, just in one spot. There was no bump or anything there, it was just itching. I scratched that spot intensely for about ten minutes, and that was it. The next day when I woke up there was a knot/lump in that spot. Its located on the left side of the shaft of my penis. Its doesn't hurt, its not really hard. It under the skin, there is no breaking of the skin. I can pull it or whatever, but there is no pain. On occasion it wil itch, but that's it. When I get an erection, masturbate, or have sex the lump swells to a very noticeable size. Once sex/erection is over it will shrink back down to a smaller but still noticeable size. Does this sound familiar? Help me out.
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

It is good that the symptoms of peeling skin have resolved. This lump on penis could be a small cyst or a lymphocele. If it has happened recently then chances of an insect bite cannot be ignored.

Lymphocele is a swelling that suddenly appears on the shaft of the penis after sex or masturbation or vigorous rubbing. It occurs when the lymph channels in your penis are temporarily blocked and is temporary problem.

Apply warm compresses on the lump and avoid scratching it as scratching may invite bacterial infections. You can apply some calamine lotion as it will help in soothing the skin. If the lump grows in size, changes in shape, bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful then you should get it examined from a dermatologist.

Hope this answers your query.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor