How should intermittent numbness in the left breast, collar bone and shoulder area be treated?
It starts on the side of my left breast goes up to my coller bone, over my shoulder, down to my shoulder blade, and down half way on the top half of my arm. This happens often in the day, it doesn't last long and doesn't matter what I'm doing.l
Detailed evaluation is needed, probably due to diabetes.
Thanks for the query.
Numbness and tingling sensation is quite common in old age. Most often it is idiopathic means doesn’t have any cause and of no significance.
In your case probable culprit might be diabetes. The elevated blood sugar gradually makes your nerves weak and cause numbnesss and other symptoms. Thyroid disease especially hypothyroidism can also cause similar picture. Other probale cause could be deficiency of vitamin B12 in diet.
Check your blood sugar level and get a thyroid function test done. Make sure that blood sugar well controlled and thyroid status should be also in the normal range. You can take multivitamin supplements containing vitamin B12 like neurobion forte. If symptoms persist despite all these, Consult a neurologist and get evaluated.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Intermittent numb chin syndrome
- Treatment and cure for intermittent numbness
- Intermittent numbness causes
- Pain between left breast and collar bone
- Injury in temple swelling reduced intermittent numbness normal healing time
- What causes intermittent numbness in my chin and right hand
- Drugs/medication for intermittent numbness
- Have intermittent numbness in fingers what could be the cause
- Symptoms of intermittent numbness
- Diagnosis of intermittent numbness