question-icon

How should hypertension and diabetes be medically treated when urine microalbumin is high?

Posted on Fri, 11 Jun 2021
Question: Hello,
This is the urine test result of my father.
He%E2%80%99s 65 with high blood pressure and diabetes (6.55 hemoglobinA1c), his creatinine is 1.13mg/dl.
please advis
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Diabetic nephropathy

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the report attached and those mentioned in your query.

Urine microalbumin is high this indicates that Nephropathy due to diabetes has set in. Nephropathy is a condition seen as complication due to diabetes where the filtration process in the kidney is hampered.

He must be started kidney protective medications like angiotensin-receptor blockers (ARBs) or angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor . Please do discuss with his treating doctor.

Rest of the results are ok.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Raju A.T