How should furniture be cleaned to avoid pin-worm infestation?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: if a family is found to have pin worms ,what do you do to couches and mattredded. I know to wash bed sheets a but I am concerned about furniture under clothes in hot water,but am concerned about furniture.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
They need teh soil for further development!

Detailed Answer:

As long as the eggs don't settle into the soil, they cannot continue the life cycle. I will recommend that you cleanse only and all is fine. The mainstay of treatment is stepping up hand and food hygiene as well as treating all infected family members at the same time. Repeating the recommended single dose of albendazole after 7days pivotal to break any ongoing cycle.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.