Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

How should Mifepristone and Misoprostol be taken for terminating pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
hello mam.. i am 21years old. and i have a 1 month of pregnency. today i brought combikit of mifepristone 200mg and misoprostol 200mg.i am planning to starts today can you help me for,how to take these clearkit.and what will be the time periods for having these drugs.and how to take?can you help me?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Under Gynecologist care after scan Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Please get ultrasound scan done to confirm the location of pregnancy. 2) Because if it is ectopic pregnancy ( out side womb ), it will lead to life threatening complications. 3) These drugs are XXXXXXX and has to be taken under a supervision of a gynecologist as it is wrong for us to prescribe or guide consumption online as it requires close monitoring as it can be life threatening. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How should Mifepristone and Misoprostol be taken for terminating pregnancy? 7 hours later
sir.i had sex with my partner 3 to 4 times,after my December month periods got over.during the fertile days.and my fertile date was 9th January to 15th January. and i had sex with in these date..when i did my pregnancy test,using my urine,it was negative..but in January month i did not get my periods.when again i went for pregnancy test,by urine,now it is it possible to have these medicine in this conditions?please tell me..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi If the urine test is positive you cannot have tthese medicines without supervision of a gynecologist as they are XXXXXXX Sac has to be confirmed as intrauterine. Please take these medicines only under supervision of a gynecologist. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor