How should I use a mouthwash?
Advised for two continuous weeks
Hello and welcome.
Thanks for sharing your concern.
A mouth wash should be used for a stretch of two weeks.One full cap,that is around 15 ml of mouth wash diluted with equal volume of water,(1:1) dilution is very effective against plaque and microbes in first week.In the second week you can double the amount of water and use it.
you should discontinue its usage for next two weeks and then continue again after two weeks.
This should be done for three months followed by a visit to your dentist as routine check up.
Mouth wash should be used after dinner and after breakfast,so that it works for longer duration in your mouth.
Remember mouth wash should not be used continuously for prolonged duration as it can cause staining of teeth.
Mouth wash is not an alternative to brushing or flossing.It is in addition to regular oral hygiene measures.
Hope I have answered you in detail.Please let me know for any further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Using mouthwash on vagina
- Using mouthwash to clean penis
- Accidentky used dettol for mouthwash
- Should my cheeks burn after using mouthwash
- Using kin mouthwash in pregnancy
- Using mouthwash on penis
- How to use chlorhexidine mouthwash
- Mouthwash use and vision damage
- How to use magic mouthwash
- Use of doxycycline in magic mouthwash