How should I resume taking Paroxetine after discontinuing it for a short time?
It can be started with the initial dose of 12.5mg.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern that you are worried about restarting the drug Paroxetine.
It can be usually started with an initial dose of 12.5mg, but please let me know your indication for which it was taken in the past, either anxiety or depression or both?
Please describe your symptoms in a bit more details so that I can suggest you another drug to prevent weight gain, as you are already worried about.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Also, I have a loss of apetite. I only eat once a day. Prefer to smoke during my lunch time.
I'm sorry for the delayed reply.
I have gone through your details and can understand that you are suffering from both anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Difficulty in concentrating, decreased problem-solving skills, multitasking capacity may get affected, as because these are symptoms of depression.
If you are worried about weight gain, you can prefer other antidepressants like Escitalopram, which is very effective with the least possible side effects.
And I would like to know whether you have any memory disturbances.
Considering disturbance in cognitive skills such as concentration difficulties, multitasking problem, it needs to be ruled out any memory disturbances.
Hope this information would help you.
Dr. Soujanya, Psychiatrist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Weight gain when taking paroxetine side effects
- What will happen if i stop taking paroxetine
- Safe diet pills to take with levothyroxine and paroxetine
- Paroxetine withdrawal how long
- How to withdraw from paroxetine
- Why am i feeling depressed after taking paroxetine tablet
- Is it safe to take nebivolol and paroxetine together
- Is it ok to take dihydrocodeine with paroxetine
- Can i take tylenol along with paroxetine
- How long does it take for paroxetine to act