How should Ciprofloxacin be taken?
It depends by the infection you want to treat.
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
Usually Ciprofloxacin is prescribed 500 mg orally every 12 hours and 400 mg IV every 12 hours but these depend on the localization and severity of infection.
If you would like to describe your symptoms and medical history ,I would be able to help you more.
Let me know if you have any additional question or doubt to clarify,I will be happy to assist you further.
500-750 mg twice a day.
Ciprofloxacin usually it is used 500-750 mg twice daily (every 12 hours).
For most of infections it is prescribed 500 mg twice a day and for severe or deep seated infections the dose is increased to 750 mg twice a day.
Usually it is not given three times a day (every 8 hours).
So it depends on the type ,localization and severity of the infection.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can ciprofloxacin taken for prostitis cause hoarse voice
- How to take ciprofloxacin hcl
- Ciprofloxacin taken with betahistine
- How long until ciprofloxacin works
- How to take ciprofloxacin 500mg
- Epididymitis ciprofloxacin how long
- How many days do i take ciprofloxacin
- Ciprofloxacin hcl vs ciprofloxacin
- How to take ciprofloxacin
- Can ciprofloxacin be taken after abortion