How serious it is to have slightly elevated GGT levels with alcohol consumption?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: how serious is a ggt level of 134 I drink too much alcohol
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: GGT slightly elevated,stop drinking alcohol... Detailed Answer: Hi, The normal levels of GGT are up to 100; it depends on the reference range of the laboratory. Yours is slightly elevated indicating that your liver is damaged by the alcohol use. I'd suggest to - do abdominal ultrasound to check for the presence of fatty liver - perform lipid panel test to check the levels of lipids in the blood - stop drinking alcohol - eat healthy - do more physical activity - lose weight if overweight. Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact me again at the next follow up. Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D