question-icon

How serious is blood pressure of 158 for a woman?

Posted on Fri, 20 Jun 2014
Question: How serious is blood pressure of 158 for a woman over 78 who recently had a knne replacement?
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Need further readings.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. It would not be appropriate to make a judgement on a single blood pressure reading. From the information you give regarding your mobility, it would appear you are making progress following your knee replacement.
I suggest you have your doctor review your blood pressure as part of your post operative rehabilitation care. A number of reading are normally reviewed from throughout the day. You can then be reassured that if there is any concern that it will be treated in a timely way.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA
Dr. Kerry Pottinger

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist