How serious is acinetobacter baumanni infection?
No need to fear..its treatable infection
welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Acinetobacter baumanni is a oppurtunistic infection (Means low -Immune conditions Ex:- Diabetes) , somes also seen as hospital acquired infection.
Its not very life threating or Dangerous. But the only problem is this bug has acquired Antibiotic resistace.
So for better treatment , you need to go for antibiotic sensitivity test first.
The drug of choice at present is Imipenem or Meropenem .
so the treatment depends once the report comes,
You also get checked for following things,
1.complete blood picture
2.screening for Diabetes
go with urine c&s first..
If the infection is not responding to Septran-DS , dont waste precious time, directly go with urine culture sensitivity first to sort out the exact antibiotic to which the bug is sensitive.
If you try multiple antibiotics, it will get cross resistance also. So consult your physician ASAP.
wishing you fast recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to get rid of sinus infection and ear infection
- Bacteria acinetobacter lwoffii infection
- How serious is staph infection
- Acinetobacter lwoffii skin infection
- Non serious staph infection
- How to treat infection that looks like a yeast infection
- How are eye infections treated after viral infection
- Serious chest infection
- How serious is stomach infection in children
- How serious if pseudomonas infected baby