How safe is hormonal menopause treatment for women?
GET TESTS DONE, HRT IS SAFE.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
HRT ( Hormone replacement therapy ) is quite safe, and used by lots of women around the world.
If the symptoms are severe, it can be safely taken for a few months to a year to help her tide over this phase.
WHat is her age, and has she had menopause ?
If not, peri - menopause can be confirmed by the following tests - FSH, LH, Serum estradiol.
The treatment can be administered in the form of gels or patches versus conventionally given oral therapy, and is safe if she has no major risk factors or ominous family history of genital / breast cancers, liver conditions, thrombotic events etc.
Please get the tests done as suggested and consult with your gynaecologist for the needed prescriptions based on the tests.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hormones pills for women menopause
- Dry skin menopause treatment
- Natural hormone treatment for menopause
- Best menopause treatments
- Premature menopause treatment options
- Hormones and the menopause
- Erectile dysfunction hair loss and menopause treatment
- Have gas stomach and back pain started menopause treatment
- What is the new treatment for post menopausal women
- Labia majora drooping menopause treatment
- Why am I getting pain and electric sensation after having intercourse?
- Mirena inserted. Itchy rashes appeared, missing periods and having...
- Follicular study showed enlarged ovary, thick endometrium and no fluid....
- Pregnant. Started spotting after intercourse. Feeling tired with sore...
- Pregnant. Accidentally inhaled goof off rust stain remover. Should I be...
- How to abort 2 weeks pregnancy?
- Itchy clitoris and feeling uncomfortable after using vagifem. Suggest...
- Have had scanty period, heaviness in abdomen and moles on face. What is...
- 54 years old. Feeling bloated, frequent urination and getting delayed...
- Had vulval intraepithelial neoplasia surgery. Getting loose flaps of...