question-icon

How safe are contraceptive pills to prevent pregnancy?

Posted on Sat, 14 May 2016
Question: Dear Doctor,

I had few questions regarding methods to prevent conceiving. I am getting married in a few days and request you to provide me with information in this regard. I am quite concerned about how safe contraceptive pills are for my body and what level of guarantee do they provide. Any other similar methods would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
safe

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Oral contraceptives are the most safe and effective method of contraception and your body will readily adjust to it.
You can start taking oral contraceptive from the first day of the periods before the marriage and continue taking it till you don't want pregnancy.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine