How often is progress in condition while on HRT treatment monitored?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: My wife is going to see a ob/gyn she may need HRT she needs to have the tests done first. If she does end up needing the HRT how often do doctors need to check on her to monitor her progress/condition? Will she need to see the doctor once or twice a month and how often will she need to refill the prescriptions?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
depends

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
If yourbwife gets evakuated and cleared ok after ruling n out all contraindocations HRT frequency and duration of visits will depend on type of therapy indocation of therapy and visits purely depend on doctor's opinion could be 4 weekly or Ince in ever 2 or 3 months. That depends.
can be prescribed as local (creams, pessaries, rings) or systemic therapy (oral drugs, transdermal patches and gels, implants). Hormonal products available in such preparations may contain the following ingredients:
Estrogen alone
Combined estrogen and progestogen
Selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)
Gonadomimetics, such as tibolone, which contain estrogen, progestogen, and an androgen
The estrogens most commonly prescribed are conjugated estrogens that may be equine (CEE) or synthetic, micronized 17β estradiol, and ethinyl estradiol. The progestins that are used commonly are medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) and norethindrone acetate.
The various schedules of hormone therapy include the following:
Estrogen taken daily
Cyclic or sequential regimens: Progestogen is added for 10-14 days every 4 weeks
Continuous combined regimens: Estrogen and progestogen are taken daily
The duration depends on indication.vasomotor and menopausal symptoms a year or two is advised usually for osteoporosis 5 year plan is better.
Seek her gynecologist and let them decide what is best for her.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and her and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later

thanks you
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
:)

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
Please don't forget to close the discussion.
Regards XXXXXXX