How much Misoprostol should be taken for abortion?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Instead of four 200 mcg of misoprostol, I inserted ( virginally administration) two 200 mcg and it has been twelve hours since I last did that. The problem now is that I just feel abdominal pain and chill and no bleeding. What am I to do...do I take another two 200 mcg or four 200 mcg. And from your professional opinion,when should I administer.Thanks
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wait

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

You have to wait for 24 hours for medicine to act before next dose.

I hope you have got ultrasound scan done to check location of pregnancy.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 28 minutes later
So how many dose am I to administer? Another two 200 mcg or four 200 mcg
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
2

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Another 2 will be fine. But ultrasound scan is preferable before that.