How many hours after klonopin can you take ramelteon

Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: How many hours after klonopin can you take ramelteon
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Welcome to Ask a Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Clonipin and remelteon both are used for sleep induction. They both have sedation, and hence concomitant use can causes excessive sleep, drowsiness, and confusion. So we generally advise not to take both until needed.
Regarding its time, there is no major interaction between the two drugs (besides that both causes sedation) so can be take any time. But beware not to use machinery, driving, after its use.
Talk to your doctor as if you really need both of the drugs.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I will be glad to answer your questions.
Kind Regards
Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 14 minutes later
Is four hours apart talking it on occasion alright
Follow up: Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 1 minute later
So far, thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes if if needed and you don't feel too sleepy or dizzy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing back to us.
Yes if you need it and this has been advised to you, you can take it after 4 hours. But just to let you know the duration of clonipin is much more,(it's still in your body for upto 8 to10 hours and even later ) and if you feel sleepy or dizzy then you won't need to take ramelton. But one size dont fit all, and hence some people need more for sleep. So it depends how much sleepy you feel with the clonazepam at 4 hours. If you don't feel dizzy, sleepy, ( I mean if you have no hanging effect of clonazipaml) then yes you can use it if advised to you and if needed. Stay blessed and please don't hesitate to ask anything else you need to know or if you have any concern.